Weekly "FOCUS"

• Welcome to the new forums! Please note that we are continueing to work on the look and feel of the forum. If you experience any broken images, miscolor, or broken pages please report them to the forum administrator. Please bear with us while we make this transition as we hope to have it completed soon.
  • Please note: This forum is primarily intended for receiving help from other DigiWorldz residents. Getting support from the DigiWorldz staff team isn't guaranteed here. If you require urgent support it is highly recommended that you Create a Support Ticket with the relevant information.

Gray Delwood

Community Resident
Community Resident
Aug 25, 2017
>>NEW focus for this week<<

Our words have a way of revealing our heart and intentions. Is being "honest" always the best way to go??? (In every situation?) Sometimes silence is golden.

"Don’t mix bad words with your bad mood. You’ll have many opportunities to change a mood, but you’ll never get the opportunity to replace the words you spoke. "

PassionFlower

Community Resident
Community Resident
Oct 16, 2017
>>NEW focus for this week<<

Our words have a way of revealing our heart and intentions. Is being "honest" always the best way to go??? (In every situation?) Sometimes silence is golden.

"Don’t mix bad words with your bad mood. You’ll have many opportunities to change a mood, but you’ll never get the opportunity to replace the words you spoke. "
RIght, Gray ;) Be honest, use our words with caution, be VERY careful of HOW we say things. Use COMMON SENSE. Don't be rude or judgmental. If you have nothing GOOD or UPLIFTING to say, than YES, silence is golden. There is a way to structure our sentences in a most positive way, even when we are being forced to be brutally honest. <<<>>>THIS I AM STILL LEARNING<<<>>> ;)

Gray Delwood

Community Resident
Community Resident
Aug 25, 2017
RIght, Gray ;) Be honest, use our words with caution, be VERY careful of HOW we say things. Use COMMON SENSE. Don't be rude or judgmental. If you have nothing GOOD or UPLIFTING to say, than YES, silence is golden. There is a way to structure our sentences in a most positive way, even when we are being forced to be brutally honest. <<<>>>THIS I AM STILL LEARNING<<<>>> ;)
YES!!! Passion....we all know and hear about the ease many folks have at bullying behind the mask of the digital tools. No one REALLY suffers any consequences by lashing out and making very cruel and hurtful comments to others. SO YES! It takes strength to be positive, to use our words to heal and to speak positively. It's much easier to be lazy and less disciplined and let our 'negative side' show in VL. It takes EFFORT, creativity and intentions to be positive. (and YES, we are ALL still learning).

Gray Delwood

Community Resident
Community Resident
Aug 25, 2017
"roolin rollin' rollin'...keep movin' movin' movin' ... though their disapprovin'...keep those doogies movlin' ...RAAAAWHide! <whip snap> YEAH!!"
HAHAHAHA just FOR you Rock.....

Gray Delwood

Community Resident
Community Resident
Aug 25, 2017
[Since I will be out of town and not have internet access, I offer this positive thought a day early]

We have all heard of the "Golden Rule" --> Do unto others as you would want to be done to you.

David Kerpen offers the "Platinum Rule" --> Do unto others as they would want to be done to them.
(a slight difference BUT a big difference in approach)

In Dale Carnegie's book How to Win Friends and Influence People he writes:

Personally, I am very fond of strawberries and cream, but I have found that for some strange reason, fish prefer worms. So when I went fishing, I didn't think about what I wanted. I thought about what they wanted. I didn't bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, I dangled a worm or grasshopper in front of the fish and said: "Wouldn't you like to have that?"

So, food for thought. This again may help us move forward in our connections with our Grid friends (and non-friends).